Thanks to everyone who donated $'s to help get my friend Mary-Faith (the homeless Adjunct Professor) on her feet. Mary-Faith is working as a waitress in a fine dinning restaurant (her mastery of the Italian Language is put to good use) and she is sharing a home (your $'s well spent) with a person she feels comfortable/compatible with. Her health has improved and she continues to feel good about herself which is of is of the utmost importance.
"NCC ADJUNCTS UNITED"
WEBSITE CREATED BY: ADJUNCT PROFESSOR STEFAN KROMPIER
Who are we and what is our mission?
We are not a new union. We have no intention of replacing the AFA.
"NCC Adjuncts United"
“AN ASSOCIATION OF TEACHING AND NON TEACHING ADJUNCT PROFESSIONALS” work in a united, civil and professional manner inside and outside the classroom to provide NCC students with a high quality, humanistic and cost effective education.
OUR GOAL IS TO STRENGTHEN NCC'S ADJUNCT FACULTY ASSOCIATION BY REINFORCING AND ENHANCING THE GROUND BRAKING, UNPRECIDENT GAINS MADE BY IT'S COURAGOUS LEADERS AND SUPPORTIVE MEMBERSHIP SINCE IT'S INCEPTION IN FEBRUARY 1973.
How do we work to accomplish our mission?
- Identify the various the needs, wants and desires of all our Adjuncts then work to satisfy those needs, wants and desires. SEE SURVEY PAGE
- Communication: Listen to and respond to (in a timely manner) the voices of individuals and groups of Adjuncts in all matters that affect their ability to satisfy the needs of the students who walk through the doors of their classrooms and offices.
- Review the AFA Constitution and Bylaws and make recommendations for changes so that all worthy AFA Members are eligible to vote in elections and referendums.
- Recommend to AFA leadership that they establish an email hot line so that adjuncts can determine if they are currently a Member or Agency Fee Payer in a timely manner.
- Encourage all NCC’s Adjuncts to participate in activities that will improve their ability to deliver a quality experience to NCC students.
- Recommend programs, events, and actions to stakeholders (Adjunct Faculty Association, College Administration, Nassau County Leadership/Elected Officials, Students/Student Organizations, Alumni, etc.) that will improve Adjunct Teachers and Non Teachers ability to provide a meaningful learning experience to their students
· Influence stakeholder decision makers in a civil, professional manner so that their actions will ultimately enhance the quality of the education our students receive.
· Reinforce the contractual gains we have made through a unified, civil and professional effort that enable Adjunct Professionals to operate effectively inside and outside the classroom.
· Work toward improving our contractual agreement with Nassau Community College in ways that enable all NCC’s Adjuncts to continue functioning at the highest levels while being paid fairly for their time and expertise.
· In times of crisis recommend to NCC Adjuncts extreme measures that will ultimately benefit the students we teach only when absolutely necessary and we are prepared and united to move forward together to achieve our goals.
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO BECOME A PART OF THIS EFFORT?
Become a Member of this Association(CLICK "BECOME A MEMBER" ON THE TOP OF THIS PAGE)
Through this website let us know your concerns and what might be done to alleviate those concerns
CONTACT US WITH YOUR THOUGHTS AND QUESTIONS BY CLICKING "CONTACT US" ON TOP OF PAGE